Drug Addiction Treatment Advice
1. Specialist Help. We give specialist advice in helping you detox, and recover from, usage of most substances, including heroin, cocaine, cannabis, painkillers, codeine, sleeping tablets, benzodiazepines including diazepam, GABA based medications, tramadol, ketamine, legal highs, and many other prescription, or illicit substances.
Call us with any complex or multi-substance needs and we'll individually assess the best treatment options for you. This includes alcohol use combined with any of the above.
2. Detox > Therapy > Aftercare. From our experience, we've identified the 3 main stages required to move beyond drug addiction - in earnest - are an initial chemical and physical detoxification, followed by thorough therapeutic intervention to help resolve the emotional underpinnings that may be behind the addiction, and finally, structured aftercare supports, for life after the clinic.
Time after time, our partner clinics see this approach have the best results.
We select, and advise on, clinics that offer this 3 stage approach, no matter how long your treatment period, of anything from 10-28 days or longer.
3. Drug Detox. Specialist addiction doctors will assist you in achieving a custom detox solution, specific to your:
Naturally, all of this is considered in the context of your past experience of recovery or detox, abstinence, etc, to arrive at the best clinic package for you. Our advisers can explain more on 01733 530 417.
Often, a drug detox alone is not enough, especially if you've detoxed before, and we need to help you begin to analyse the underlying issues behind the addiction in your life. Are you aware of the impact the addiction is having not only on your life, but others?
Are you ready to take responsibility, and better your life? We'll listen to your specific situation, history, and budget needs to arrive at our recommendation for you.
4. Duration - How long will I have to be in a clinic? As above, while short term drug detoxes are generally available, we don't usually recommend them as a long term solution.
The duration of your time in a treatment clinic will be determined by both your current and previous substance misuse, any prescription medication you may have, and other factors evaluated during assessment with you.
We'll match your needs to a specialist detox clinic team who have worked with multiple complex detox needs in the past. We'll arrange for your admission, to begin detox safely, comfortably, and with supervision, so you can move into the therapeutic elements of the program easily.
Normally, we can facilitate detox needs of anything from 10-28 days in the clinic, but longer term programs are available too.
5. Drug Therapy. With drug therapy, you get help to evaluate and take inventory of the impacts of the addiction in your life, and that of others. You'll begin to understand the real reasons behind your addictive patterns, and get help to overcome them.
Like recovery from addiction in general, this is long term work, that you'll continue after you leave the clinic, in various forms.
But for most individuals, simply understanding why you're caught up in the recurring cycles of addiction, gives you back the control, and gives you the power to intervene and stop the cycle. We all need recovery from the inside out.
Additional insights about your usage, triggers, associations, and conditionings attached to substance misuse will give you clues to the situations to avoid, and the situations you'll factor in extra supports for, when planning aftercare solutions.
3-4 sessions per week of CBT therapy and around 3 sessions per week of one to one support will help. This is typical for the clinics we recommend. In some cases, you'll also receive 12 step program support, and be integrated into local mutual aid meetings, while still under clinical care and supervision.
Meaning, this is already formed as a positive, productive new behaviour by the time you step out of treatment. Not every clinic provides this, but we know the ones that do.
6. Drug Aftercare. Once detoxed from substance misuse, and you've made progress on the emotional underpinnings behind the addiction, it's time to start planning life after the clinic.
What will the structure of your day in recovery look like? What will an average day consist of? What supports will you need to achieve this? You'll get help to plan all of this, and more.
Most treatment centres provide weekly aftercare meetings, usually free of charge. Or, we can set you up with more supports that are even more local to you - an optional extra.
Maybe you'll work personally with a sponsor, connect with others in recovery, or attend specialist aftercare meetings.
We'll listen to your overall picture, previous treatment, current usage, and other factors, and recommend a clinic, tailored specifically to your needs.
How To Access Drug Treatment
Help is available. Call us direct on 01733 530 417 for advice specific to your situation. We can advise on duration of stay, costs, suggest an appropriate clinic, and how best to enter into long term recovery from drug addiction. Are you ready?